Open Sandwich – Roasted Tomato Tartine
An open sandwich is a slice of fresh bread, with different spreads, butter, liver pâté, cheese spreads, cold cuts such as roast beef, turkey, pastrami, beef, salami, beef tongue, mortadella, head cheese or sausages like beerwurst or kabanos, and vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, radish, scallion and cucumber.
Golo’s low carb sliced bread is ideal for this recipe below:
What’s nice about the tomato, mustard and ricotta combination is the lovely balance of spicy, creamy and tangy. The play of each taste is divine and would make a great party appetizer, cut into smaller pieces or the dish is a superb solo dinner or lunch. Served with a fried egg, it could be your next favourite breakfast. Any time of day, anywhere you are, just make this scrumptious open-facer. You won’t be sorry you did!
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 slices Golo low carb bread
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Fresh basil and chives for garnish, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 220°. Slice tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size. In a medium-sized bowl, toss tomatoes lightly in oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and one of the garlic cloves. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Toast the Golo low carb bread, spread a 1/2 teaspoon mustard onto each piece. Then spread 1 tablespoon of ricotta on top of mustard-toast. Squish as many roasted tomato slices onto the toasts, garnish with fresh basil and chives. Season with salt and pepper.