Butternut, Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Soup
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 large (1 kg) butternut, peeled and chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cumin
- 7 cups (1,75 litres) boiling water
- ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat or fat-free milk
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- Place veggies, apple and spices in a large pot with the water.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from the heat, blend mixture until smooth or mash with a potato masher.
- Return mixture to the pot and add milk, lemon juice and pepper.
Heat through and serve warm with Golo bread.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Weight Loss Friendly
- Vegan Friendly
Image Source: Pexels
Content Credit: Diabetes South Africa
Diabetes South Africa is a non-profit organization, founded in 1969 to be a support and an advocate for all people with diabetes in South Africa. Check this great association out via their website for more information.