Roasted Zucchini Fries With Parmesan
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or gruyère cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim ends of zucchini, then cut each in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half lengthwise. You should have 8 long pieces. Cut each piece in half crosswise to get 16 shorter triangular-shaped pieces.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl large enough for dipping the zucchini pieces.
- Combine Parmesan and garlic pepper in a second shallow bowl large enough for dipping the zucchini pieces.
- Dip cut sides of zucchini strips first into the egg, then into the Parmesan mixture. Place on baking sheet skin side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Drizzle zucchini with olive oil and roast until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.