LUNCH RECIPES YOU CAN STUFF INTO A PITA
When it comes to lunch, sandwiches make a fine choice, but there’s really only so much you can put between two slices of bread. Swap that sandwich bread for a Golo Pita, however, and it’s a totally different ballgame. Sure, you could fill a pita with cold cuts as you would a sandwich, but your options go way beyond that.
From eggs and leafy greens to meat and whole-grain salads, make lunch more interesting with one of these recipes that are perfect to stuff inside a Golo Pita.
Veggie Stuffed Pitas
Pitas are pretty much my solution to making salad — any and all types of salad — a one-handed meal that’s easy to eat on the go. Leafy green salads, no-lettuce salads, and grain salads are all fair game. And when your pita filling includes hearty ingredients, like grains, beans, or legumes, lunch can be assembled well in advance.
- Scrambled Chickpea and Spinach Pitas
- Chickpea Waldorf Salad
- Barley Salad with Figs and Tarragon-Lemon Dressing
- Lemony Eggless Egg Salad
- Oven-Baked Falafel
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Carrot Tahini Salad
- Mediterranean Veggie Pita Sandwich
Fill Your Pita with Eggs
Want to turn scrambled eggs into lunch fare that you can tote to work? All you need is a Golo Pita. Fluffy scrambled eggs and sliced hard-boiled eggs are my top picks for stuffing inside a pita pocket, although to be honest any type of eggs will work. You can even cut a frittata or egg casserole into small pieces for filling a pita.
- Scrambled Egg & Mustard Greens
- Mediterranean Breakfast Pitas
- Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables
Meaty Pita Fillings
From shredded chicken to tuna salad to super-savoury cooked ground meat, meat ia a good choice for stuffing into a pita.
- Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
- The Perfect Tuna Salad
- Yogurt & Dill Chicken Salad
- Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- The Best Pesto Chicken Salad
- Pita Pockets with Crunchy Romaine, Roasted Beets, Chicken & Manchego Cheese
Find the full recipes here
Original Source: https://www.thekitchn.com/15-recipes-you-can-stuff-in-a-pita-223228