Vanilla Chia Smoothie Bowl
With Smoothie Bowls you get the convenience, taste, and texture of a regular smoothie, but with the extra benefit of it being even more filling than a traditional blended beverage.
While smoothies are a convenient and healthy way to replace a meal on the go, research has shown that liquid forms of fruits can be less satisfying than whole foods. With a smoothie bowl, in addition to blending in superfoods, you also add fruit, nuts, seeds, or grain on top. This gives you something to chew, which can help make for a convenient and healthy whole breakfast or lunch.
Try the below recipe and let us know what you think!
• 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1 frozen banana, in chunks
• 1x 25g scoop GOLO Vanilla Smoothie Mix
• Toppings: freeze dried fruit, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, nut butter
- The night before, mix chia seeds and plant milk in a small bowl. Let sit, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, when ready to eat, blend chia mixture, banana and GOLO Vanilla Smoothie Mix in a food processor until creamy.
Serve with optional toppings and enjoy!
As with regular smoothies, what you put in bowls depends on your own personal taste. So feel free to get creative