Apple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1½ cups oat flour, blended from 2 cups whole rolled oats*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup very creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- ¾ cup finely chopped apple
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
These cookies are soft – they’re more similar to these Carrot Breakfast Cookies or a yummy muffin top than to a classic flat & crisp/chewy cookie. Serves: 24-28 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and water. Stir and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, and brown sugar. Add the thickened flaxseed mixture and stir well.
- Stir the whole rolled oats, apples, walnuts, and raisins into the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. The batter will be thick and sticky.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheet and press down slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the bottoms are nicely browned. (Note: do not under-bake or your cookies will be more likely to fall apart). Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
For the Method & Full Recipe visit click here
Image Source: Love & Lemons
Content Source: Love & Lemons