2 VEGAN DONER KEBAPS
- Vegan doner ingredients:
- 1 tin of braised tofu (drained)
- 1/2 finely chopped onion (keep some for the filling)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder (or to taste) Soy yoghurt dressing ingredients:
- 4 tbsp of soy yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt Filling ingredients:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced onions rings
- Chilli sauce (e.g. Sriracha sauce)
Drain the liquid from a tin of braised tofu (I get mine either at the health food store or from Amazon). Add some oil to a hot pan and fry the tofu with all other doner ingredients for a few minutes until it gets almost crispy.
To make the soy yoghurt sauce mix up 4 tbsp of soy yoghurt (or any other plant-based yoghurt you prefer), add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder (or minced garlic) and season to taste with a dash of salt.
Toast a pita bread and then slice open. Fill it with salad leaves, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and sliced onion rings; add the vegan doner ingredients and then top with soy yoghurt sauce and some chilli sauce. Any unsweetened chilli sauce will do. Enjoy!